I keep getting asked “What do I think of DSC vs. Group Policy” a lot.
So I decided to work closely with Jeffrey Snover, father of Powershell and DSC to come up with some clarifying points.
As such, I have embedded them into my “Why Group Policy Is Not Dead Manifesto”.
If you don’t want to re-read the whole thing , here are the updates for July 2017:
- Worked with Jeffrey Snover to provide DSC + Windows Client “Truths & Tenets”. (PLEASE use them in Powerpoints, etc. They are blessed as gospel.)
- Updated Nano server since the infrastructure pieces are now GONE in Nano.
- Defined “Two Racoons in bag” as “Competing Controllers”
- Added a link to Security Compliance Toolkit
- Demonstrated that Security Compliance Manager 4.0 is now dead.
Here’s the link to share with the world: