Last week was a big week over here at the Group Policy HQ.
Here’s four fun and informative things that I think you’ll want to know.
Item 1: Quick, Informative Interview
Matt Hester, Tech Evangelist from Microsoft sits down with me and asks “What’s new and cool in modern GP?” When my wife saw this video, she dubbed it “Schmoozin’ with the Mosk.” Anyway, it’s fun and it’s here:
2. My TechEd 2010 speech Replay — Application Smackdown with Applocker This was the #5 top-most rated session within all of the 900+ sessions at TechEd 2010. You get to check it out, for free! Learn how to smack down your apps.. Now! Here’s the link:
Of course, when you’re ready for hands-on AppLocker training, I’ve got it in my GP Workshop, of course! (www.GPanswers.com/training) — in my GP 2.0 Catchup Class.. and more information in the newest book (www.GPanswers.com/book) in Chapter 8 — Implementing Security with Group Policy !
3. An article I wrote that found it’s way into Network world This was tweeted about 80 billion times last week… “Seven tips for using group policy in Windows 7”
4. I’ve received lots of questions asking me: “Hey Moskowitz, is your book available as an e-Book somewhere?”
Yes, and yes again. Here’s what’s what:
1. If you want to get the newest book as a Kindle edition, you can get it from Amazon. Click here:
2. There are some EXTRA (free) bonus chapters for the GREEN (newest) book here:
3. I also have some (older, but still relevant!) eChapter (pay) PDF downloads at the same link:
Also… if you buy the Kindle edition, I’m happy to sign your Kindle’s or iPad screen with a sharpie next time I see you. Just ask!
PS: Holy cow! HUUGE Class in DC coming up next week.. Super crazy excited. If you still want to come, I think we have a spot left. You MUST CALL at this point if you want to secure a seat. 302-351-8408.
PPS: I’ve had some upcoming “extra time” suddenly materialize after the DC class. If you think you / your company might be interested in a PRIVATE On-Site class, where I teach your team — PERSONALLY — how to overcome GP and desktop management challenges… then just buzz me. I’m at 302-351-8408. We can talk about what your challenges are and how a GP class can help you out. Then, we’ll fit it into YOUR schedule. Talk with you soon. (The sooner you call, the sooner you’ll get over the issue your company has and you’ll be happier and more productive.)