1. Chap 2, pg 127:”General GPO comments are placed in a plain-text file located here:
2. Chap 2, pg 128:
“…Advanced Group Policy Management…discussed in downloadable Bonus Chapter 3.”It’s discussed in Bonus Chapter 2.
3. Page 63 point #7. Remove the (or, if you want to be more general, %windir%\system32\calc.exe)
4. When Group Policy Preferences Logging and Tracing are discussed: two places are have listed the path to turn on Group Policy Preferences logging and tracing, but both omit part of the path. Paths are listed at bottom of pg 285 (omits Admin. Templates) and middle of pg 432 (omits System).In both cases, Full path should be : Computer Configuration | Policies | Administrative Templates | System | Group Policy | Logging and Tracing
5. Page 21. Find: There are two domains: Example.com and Widgets.example.com. Lets talk about Example.com. Figure shows corp.com. So replace Example with Corp in both references. Also, replace EXAMPLEDC1 and EXAMPLEDC2 with CORPDC1 and CORPDC2 in the text.
6. Page 129. Bottom, find: Computer Configuration | Policies | Administrative Templates and replace with Computer Configuration | Administrative Templates. Find User Configuration | Policies | Administrative Templates and replace with User Configuration | Administrative Templates.
7. Page 85, third bullet: …he will remove the Display Settings tab, but
he will hide the Mouse Pointers, but
8. Page 17 find: Windows Vista and later store Local User Policies (level 3) inside %windir%\system32\grouppolicyusers Replace with Windows Vista and later store Level 2 (Admin / Non-Admin Local Policies) and specific Local User Policies (level 3) inside %windir%\system32\grouppolicyusers.